1. adopts the Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Dorset Waste Plan subject to the inclusion of the main modifications that are appended to the Inspector’s Report;
2. confirms that the formal adoption date will begin two weeks from the date at which both BCP Council and Dorset Council have resolved to adopt the plan;
3. delegates to the Lead Member for Planning, after consultation with the Executive Director for Place:
a. any additional (non-material) modifications to the Plan which were the subject of consultation, together with any other additional modifications which benefit the clarity of the Plan;
b. authority to expedite any technical/procedural matters associated with adoption of the plan, including those connected with Dorset Council’s role as the Competent Authority on matters relating the Habitats Regulations Assessment1 of the Plan.
Reasons for Decisions
1. To ensure Dorset Council had an up-to-date statutory policy framework for
considering planning applications for waste development.
2. To comply with the requirements of the statutory/consequential orders concerning Shaping Dorset Council which required a council-wide local plan by 2024.